Change of Valuation Notices


Each year, on or before March 1st, the County Appraiser is required to send a Change of Valuation (CVN) Notice to the mailing address on record. Deadlines for appeal are set by Kansas Law and are enforced. K.S.A. 79-1460


This Change of Value notice describes the property you own, gives the actual values for both the prior and current year, and provides you an opportunity to present your objection to the Appraiser. When you receive a Change of Value notice, study it carefully. The value shown on the notice affects the amount of taxes you will pay the following December.

How to Appeal

If you feel the value the Appraiser has placed on your property is incorrect, you may wish to inspect the Appraiser’s records on your property. If you choose to file an appeal, you should provide information and documentation to support your estimate of value. Information such as a recent independent appraisal, recent sales of similar homes in your neighborhood, similar homes that are currently on the market or a written estimate from a real estate professional will all lend support and credibility to your opinion of value. 
  1. Travis Lilly

    County Appraiser RMA

  2. Appraisers Office

    Physical Address
    200 E 8th Street
    Room 113
    Junction City, KS 66441